|KHANDIE'S KORNER - "February 22, 2004"|
|Timely Insights into God's Word from Khandielese Reyes|
This Weeks Message- (scripture taken from King James Version)
Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause division and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and AVOID them. For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good works and fair speeches, DECEIVE the hearts of the simple. For your obedience is come abroad unto all men. I am glad therefore on your behalf: but yet I would have you wise unto that which is good, and simple concerning evil. And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen. (Rom 16:17-20)
There are many things which cause strife and division to arise within the Body of Christ. Brother against brother, sister against sister, quarreling with one another seeking ONLY to please the flesh and not even for a moment attempting to please the Lord. When a believer submits to this sort of behavior, such a one plays right into the hands of the enemy in allowing themselves to be used to fulfill the wickedness of his desire that being to DISMEMBER the Body!
The Word of God says in verse 1, chapter 14 of the book of Romans: Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but NOT to doubtful disputations. This scripture makes it clear that as brethren, we are to receive one another in LOVE, but are NOT to become entangled in foolish arguments and debates over what one believes to be right or wrong for such arguments serves to produce NOTHING but strife and division and illustrates ones lack of spiritual maturity and refusal to walk in love. Every member of the Body of Christ should seek diligently to live peaceably with one another, to LOVE one another as Christ has loved us and gave his life that we may live, and at ALL cost brothers and sisters, Avoid Dissension and the one who seeks to divide. For such, according to the scriptures, do not serve our Lord Jesus but their own flesh. How can one share with another the Love of Christ Jesus, when they themselves are unable to love? How is our Lord demonstrated in such foolishness? How is He portrayed to the world when believers cannot even get along? Would an unbeliever find LOVE in the midst of believers arguing and disputing amongst themselves? Would you leave that unbeliever to think this is the way of our Lord? When the church (the Body of Christ) spends so much energy debating and arguing over doctrine, over mans foolish idealism, over interpretation of scriptures, beliefs and such, consider in the midst of your ridiculous quarrels how our LORD is being represented to the world and perhaps it would then make sense to you why many unbelievers are not pounding at the doors of the church seeking to enter in. Do you know how many souls are lost due to the fact theyve been unable to see the Love of Christ Jesus in the church because of the divisions that have placed an ugly and dark covering over this precious Love, WHERE is the LIGHT? Should it not be shining through you? Are we (believers) or are we not to be the light of the World? According to the scriptures the Lord himself says this: Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid. He did not say we OUGHT to be the light of the world, but said that we ARE. If so, why are we then smothering the light with the darkness of DIVISION? The Lord goes on to say in Matt 5:16 Let your light so SHINE before men, that they may see your good works, and GLORIFY your Father which is in heaven. Therefore, when we argue and quarrel with one another over foolishness, have we not covered the light and are then walking in darkness? For NO ONE can see the light of Love in the midst of angry and brutal disputes.
None of your disputes are pleasing to the Lord, in fact a brother or sisters refusal to walk in love is MOST displeasing to Him and one who stirs up strife and division among the brethren is an absolute abomination to the Lord. The word of God says there are seven things the Lord hates as it is written:
These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, SEVEN are an abomination unto him:
1. A Proud Look There is nothing more unflattering than one whos puffed up, consumed with pride and arrogance, and know NOT the meaning of humbleness. The word of God says in the book of Proverbs 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall. Take heed, for pride is an abomination to the Lord.
2. A Lying Tongue .. There is no such thing as a little white lie, LIES ARE LIES and one who practice such, are practicing deceit. The word of God says in the book of Ephesians 4:25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another. Take heed, for a lying tongue is an abomination to the Lord.
3. Hands that shed innocent blood . Every ounce of blood that has been shed from the innocent, every innocent life that has been removed by the hands of the wicked, and/or one with an unrepentant heart is an abomination to the Lord. He heard the cries of the defenseless child, the elderly man or woman, the man/woman who was killed on death row and later found to have been innocent, the wife murdered by her husband, the husband murdered by his wife, the prostitute with no name considered nothing through the eyes of the world, even the animal who was not given by God to man that it should be brutally tortured, the runaway slave who was later found hung from a tree, and EVERY holocaust victim who suffered under the hands of a madman, THE LORD HEARD THE CRIES OF THEM ALL! And it was and STILL IS an abomination to Him.
4. A heart that deviseth wicked imaginations . The Lord KNOWS the heart of all! No matter what your mouth says, if your heart speaks differently, the LORD KNOWS and those who scheme and plot wickedness in their heart, is an abomination to the Lord.
5. Feet that be swift in running mischief Heres one that would not even consider the consequence and outcome of sin until after the sin has been committed. Such give no thought to sin but rather gives into it quickly, almost instantly when temptation is presented before him. He is a lover of the Flesh MORE than a lover of God. It is an abomination to the Lord God.
6. A false witness that speaks lies Many have interpreted this passage of scripture to mean one who speaks lies against his brother or sister to others and this may be true. However, Im inclined to believe it may also be interpreted as one who comes in the Name of the Lord, but in truth is not serving the Lord but is a false witness. One that suppress the truth and speak lies with the intent of deceiving the hearts of many, thus pulling the spiritually unwise further from the truth and further away from The Lord. However one interprets this scripture the results are still the same: A false witness and one that speaks lies is an abomination to the Lord.
7. And finally . He that soweth discord among brethren This is the one I personally DESPISE the most for it feeds the enemys plans in keeping division within the Body of Christ. It displays a very poor image of brotherhood and Christianity, not to mention the image it displays towards the one we serve, Christ Jesus our Lord. It portrays the very WILLFUL act of blatant REFUSAL to LOVE one another, and walk according to His commandments. It speaks loud and clear that such who sow discord are self absorbed, self pleasing, minds not renewed as they are STILL carnal, have no knowledge or understanding of serving, seeks only what is pleasing to the flesh and not the spirit, are busy bodies and neither KNOW nor have truly RECEIVED the Love of Christ Jesus! How does one sow discord? Through gossip, through lies and untruths spoken against another brother or sister, through one whos bound by unforgiveness towards another brother or sister and speaks evil of him/her to other believers with the intent on causing strife and division, also discord is sown among brother through FAVORITISM esteeming one believer high above another, treating one believer with the Love of Christ and another believer WITHOUT. SUCH ARE AN ABOMINATION TO THE LORD! There is not an ounce of love found in such behavior. There is NO glorification of The Father in this evil and MUST be uprooted and banished from the Body of Christ for it has NO place in its members! This is ungodly behavior as we are ALL ONE in Christ Jesus and every member is precious and important to the Lord and the Body of Christ. Thus when you favor one over the other, this is EVIL in the sight of the Lord for even God the Father Himself IS NO RESPECTER OF PERSONS. Take heed those who behave in this manner the Lord is NOT pleased as this is an abomination to Him.
these seven things the Lord hates should have no part a believers walk and should be
NO WHERE FOUND in the Body of Christ. Each
abomination brings upon some manner of destructive behavior whether it be towards one
self, or against another and ALL are sins
against God our Father.
Beloved sons and daughters of the Lord, be SPIRITUALLY WISE in your conduct, in your speech, in the manner you treat one another. Run from those things that cause division within the body. ENDEAVOUR to keep the unity of the SPIRIT in the bond of PEACE! Edify, Encourage, BUILD ONE ANOTHER UP, tear no part of the body down! For every part is needed, every part is of ABSOLUTE necessity, thus strengthen one another, for if you cause just ONE brother or sister to stumble, to become weak in the faith, YOU will be held responsible and will have to give account of such to the Lord. Understand that when we hurt another member, the whole body feels the affects of the pain INCLUDING the Head, Jesus Christ our Lord for we are ONE in Him. Practice KINDNESS, practice SERVING and above ALL, STRIVE TO WALK IN LOVE that the world may see you are his disciples because of the LOVE you have one for another! It is NOT so difficult to Love one another my friends, make this not as complicating as it seems. It is a simple matter of CHOICE. Would you CHOOSE to walk according to the spirit, according to the commandments of the Lord, or would you choose to walk according to your flesh. It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: The words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are LIFE (John 6:63) At ALL cost . AVOID DISSENSION and AVOID ONE WHO CAUSES STRIFE AND DIVISION!
The Lord be with you this day and always .
I love you all so very much. Have a blessed week in the Lord and remember: Whatever we do, do ALL for the GLORY of GOD, who ALONE is worthy of the GLORY and the PRAISE!
The Lord be with you this day and always! Shalom Uvracha (Peace and Blessings) ..
Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh,
Lord God Almighty
Daughter & Servant
of the Lord God
|CYBER-CHURCH.COM is not responsible for the content of any advertising banners displayed on our Guestbook by Bravenet Web Services or GuestWorld. As a ministry that is in the world but not of the world we ask that you too be understanding if that content is not consistent with our moral standards. If you do see something that interests you and is consistent with your convictions we ask that you consider patronizing that advertiser. Thank you to Bravenet and GuestWorld for their valuable free services.|